As a doctor, all you need is…
- Time, a scarce and precious resource, with an average of 8
to 10 minutes to dedicate to each patient.
- Efficiency, to face your financial and staffing challenges,
and improve your practice or department productivity.
- Mobility, when you are on the move visiting your patients
and you need to dictate your note right after the visit.
- Accuracy, to ensure clear, accurate, legible reports and
keep patient records up to date for optimum communication with your
- Quality, to provide a complete historical narrative in your
own words, dictated directly into your clinical application and keep
your colleagues well informed when sharing the care of patients.
With Dragon Medical, you can…
- improve productivity and quality at the same time
- face financial pressure
- give more time to your patients
- speech-enable your clinical application
- … for faster, more efficient and cost-effective clinical
- More accurate than ever: Up to 40% more accurate than non-medical Dragon products when used in clinical settings.
- Non-native speaker friendly:
High accuracy for non-native speakers thanks to advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- EHR support: Navigate and dictate inside clinical applications
- Medical vocabularies: Covers close to 80 specialties and subspecialties. Dictate with confidence using your specialty’s vocabulary.
- Supports encryption of audio and text files:
Protects patient confidentiality.
- Hidden Mode: Click anywhere in a clinical application while dictating and add text where necessary afterwards.
- Dragon templates with voice fields:
Automate form filling applications by adding fields in dictation templates.
- Medical formatting rules:
Expands abbreviations and follows capitalisation rules. “HPI” can appear as either “History of Present Illness”, “history of present illness”, or “HPI.”
- PowerMic™ ready: Program
buttons to run any Dragon function or user voice command.
- Dictate, edit and sign your documentation in one step
- Dictate in your own words directly in your clinical application
- Facilitate EHR adoption and use
- Eliminate transcription costs
- Reduce report turnaround time and deliver clinical notes faster to your peers
- Deliver discharge letters instantly and reduce hospital length of stay
- Spend more time with patients
- Improve doctor satisfaction
- Improved command and control
Dragon Medical 11 introduces new commands that act on multiple mouse clicks and keystrokes. With the new commands, it is faster and easier to open applications, open or switch to a particular window, send emails, or search the web – all by voice.
- Improved Accuracy
Dragon Medical 11 comes with increased audio resolution and an updated speech engine which is more accurate by up to 15% compared to Dragon Medical 10. These improvements particularly benefit non-native speakers who will get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition.
- Improved ability to learn from correction
of misrecognitions — whether the revisions are dictated or typed — to deliver continuous accuracy improvements over time.
- Improved recognition when multiple processors are available
Dragon Medical 11 now automatically detects computers with multiple processors, improving recognition by working with this hardware.
HIGHER PRODUCTIVITY THROUGH GREATER ACCUARCY AND SPEED
- Dictate on the move: The minimum reading time required to train Dragon Medical 11 for mobile recordings has been reduced from 15 to 4 minutes.
- The newly designed DragonBar and the new Dragon Sidebar with commands makes it easier to discover and access important but often overlooked features, commands, and options.
- Recognition Analytics alert you where there is an audio issue so you can achieve the best accuracy.
- Elimination of on-screen distraction enables you to focus more on your thoughts and ideas for better communication.
HCD Recommended System Requirements
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum
requirements; if they are not met, Dragon NaturallySpeaking will not be
- CPU: We recommend 2.2 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD
(IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: We reccommend 2MB L2 cache (Minimum: 512
KB L2 cache)
- Free hard disk space: 2.5 GB (2.8 GB for localized
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 and higher, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM:We recommend 2 GB for Windows XP, Windows Vista,
Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 32-bit, 4 GB for Windows 7 and
Windows Server 2008 64-bit. (Minimum: 1 GB for Windows XP and Windows
Vista and 2 GB for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008.)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or higher
(free download available at www.microsoft.com)
- Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 12 or higher, or Google Chrome
16 or higher are required in order to experience the enhanced
capabilities in Gmail and Hotmail
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card
supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- HCD-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included)
- Note: An internet connection is required for product
(a quick anonymous process).
Compatible with Windows-based EHRs
Dragon Medical 11 works with hundreds of EHR applications,
including the following:
Agfa, Cegeka, ChipSoft, iSoft, Epic, McKesson, Cerner
Millenium®, Eclipsys®, Sunrise Clinical Manager™, Epic EpicCare®, Epic
Hyperspace, GE® Centricity, McKesson®, Practice Partner, Misys® EMR,
McKesson® Horizon, Meditech, Sage® Intergy, Siemens® Soarian.